At Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) events, oil and gas professionals come together from across the globe to discuss technical innovations and advancements in the offshore energy sector, and to network with one another. OTC values the participation of all persons at its events, and seeks to provide them with a respectful, harassment-free and inclusive environment for all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, ancestry, citizenship status, age, gender, sexual orientation, and others. At the same time, all persons are expected to be respectful and courteous to others throughout the event.
Therefore, OTC has adopted this Event Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”).
- This Event Code of Conduct applies to conduct during an OTC virtual event.
- By participating in an OTC event, you agree that you have read and will follow this Code of Conduct. Be positive, constructive, and respectful. Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post or say anything that you would not want the world to know came from you. Postings and messages will be deleted at OTC’s sole discretion if they are considered to be counter to OTC’s Terms of Service.
- All your communication, whether written or verbal, including electronic, should be delivered in a respectful and polite manner.
- By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own material or the copyright to the material or has received permission from the owner. In addition, you grant OTC the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. OTC reserves the right to reject any post or message for any reason and to terminate access to you if you do not abide by this Code of Conduct. Do not post or share any confidential data, intellectual property or other material owned or protected by copyright without the permission of the owner. Any recording, filming, photography, screenshots or other capturing of presentations, live sessions or other events, including e-posters, without expressed, written consent of the owner is prohibited.
- OTC prohibits the posting, display, transmission, sharing, emailing, embedding, making available, or otherwise use in this nature of content that infringes the intellectual property rights of another person or party. If a third party provides OTC with a notification of any alleged intellectual property infringement by you, OTC may immediately remove such content and may block access to and cancel your registration. In addition, in the event of an alleged copyright infringement, OTC shall act expeditiously in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and will take steps to have the allegedly infringing material removed or access to such blocked.
- The OTC name and logo and all OTC related trade names, design marks, tag lines and slogans are the intellectual property of OTC, and you may not use such without the prior written consent of OTC. All other product and service marks contained herein are the marks of their respective owners and may not be used without the prior written consent of such owners. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to you or any other participant any license to or ownership rights in any intellectual property or other legal right of OTC or any third party.
You are encouraged to report any experienced or observed violations to this Code of Conduct. OTC reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion due to any breach of this Code of Conduct. To report a violation, contact OTC to report a concern or potential violation.