OTC 2020 Announces Spotlight on New Technology® Award RecipientsMonday, May 04, 2020
Houston, Texas, USA (4 May 2020) — The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) announces the 2020 recipients of the Spotlight on New Technology® Award. Eighteen technologies from 14 companies from around the world will be awarded this year, including six companies who will be recognized for the Spotlight on Small Business Award.
The Spotlight on New Technology Award recognizes companies that have created new and advanced technologies that play a role in advancing the offshore oil and gas sector into the forthcoming years.
- Advisian Digital producer of CAROL®
- Baker Hughes producer of SureCONNECT™ Downhole Intelligent Wet-Mate System
- Baker Hughes producer of Aptara™ lightweight compact tree
- Bosch Rexroth producer of A High Force and Low Voltage Subsea Valve Actuator (SVA) to enable the implementation of the ALL SUBSEA FACTORY in BROWN Fields
- Dril-Quip Inc. producer of VXTe™ Vertical Subsea Tree System
- Halliburton producer of Xaminer® Magnetic Resonance (XMR™) service
- NOV producer of SWIT™ - Subsea Low Sulphate and Low Salinity Plant
- NOV producer of PowerBlade™ Energy Recovery System
- Schlumberger producer of NeoSteer at-bit steerable system
- Schlumberger producer of Ora intelligent wireline formation testing platform
- Siemens producer of Siemens AM Monitor™
- TechnipFMC producer of Subsea Power Distribution Station
Spotlight Small Business Winners:
- DarkVision producer of HADES-F™
- Rocsole Ltd producer of LITI -Liquid In-Tank Inspection
- Rolloos producer of Red Zone Service
- Upwing Energy producer of Upwing Subsurface Compressor System™
- WFS Technologies Ltd producer of Seatooth SmartClamp
- WFS Technologies Ltd producer of Subsea Cloud Computing Network
“We’re pleased to present this year’s recipients for their outstanding work in our industry,” said Cindy Yeilding, chairperson, OTC Board of Directors. “Their new technologies and services are shaping the way offshore products and services are advancing into the future. We applaud these companies for their hard work and dedication to this field.”
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria:
- New: less than two years old
- Innovative: original, groundbreaking, and capable of having a major impact
- Proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad Interest: broad appeal for the industry
- Significant Impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
Since 2014, OTC has supported and recognized the innovative technologies being developed by small businesses with the Spotlight on Small Business Award. In addition to meeting the above criteria, a small business honoree must be either independently owned and operated; a nonprofit company; or have no more than 300 employees preceding the 12 months after the application deadline.
“There has been a growing trend in the number of small business applicants and therefore winners in recent years,” Yeilding said. “This is a direct reflection of the innovation currently happening within the industry as well as the importance of this recognition. More and more companies are developing new technologies that are revolutionizing the offshore sector, and we are honored to be able to shine a spotlight to help the entire industry grow and thrive.”
More information about these technologies can be viewed on OTC’s awards page.
ABOUT OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (OTC)
Celebrating over 50 years since 1969, OTC is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, and OTC Asia. For more information, visit www.otcnet.org.
Gina Quevedo, Marketing Manager
Offshore Technology Conference