OTC 2021 Announces Spotlight on New Technology® Award RecipientsThursday, May 06, 2021
Houston, Texas, USA (6 May 2021) — The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) announced the 2021 recipients of the Spotlight on New Technology® Award, which recognizes new, innovative technologies that are advancing and revolutionizing the future of offshore energy. This year, 14 technologies from 13 companies around the world were selected, including five companies receiving small business recognition.
Winners are selected based on five criteria including the technology’s novelty in the marketplace, innovativeness, demonstrated success, broad commercial appeal, and ability to make a significant impact across the offshore industry.
- Dril-Quip, Inc., producer of Dril-Quip BADGeR™ Connector
- Halliburton and TechnipFMC, producer of Odassea™ Subsea Fiber Optic Solution
- Halliburton, producer of DynaTrac™ Real-time Wireless Depth Correlation System
- Oil States Industries, producer of Merlin™ Deepsea Mineral Riser System
- Saipem, producer of Hydrone-R
- Schlumberger, producer of DrillPlan* coherent well construction planning solution
- Siemens Energy, producer of APM4O&G
- Siemens Energy, producer of MyFleetRisk
- Subsea 7 and autonomous Subsea 7 subsidiary Xodus Group, producer of Subsea 7 NESP – Nano Engineered Sensor Platform
Small Business Winners:
- HYTORC, producer of HYTORC J-Washer
- INGU, producer of Pipers® 2.8
- OLIDEN TECHNOLOGY, producer of LithoFusion Azimuthal Density and Porosity LWD Tool
- Rocsole Ltd, producer of Deposition In-Line Inspection (DILI)
- TECHNI, producer of PACT
“At its core, energy is a technology-based industry that relies on scientists, engineers, computer programmers and other highly skilled professionals to drive the future of energy forward,” said Cindy Yeilding, chairperson, OTC Board of Directors. “The companies recognized by the Spotlight on New Technology® award are making energy development more efficient and sustainable and will be at the forefront of the next generation of offshore energy.”
Since 2014, OTC has proudly recognized the innovation and technologies developed by small businesses. In addition to meeting the above criteria, companies in the small business category must be independently owned and operated or registered as a nonprofit organization; and have no more than 300 employees in the 12 months prior to the application deadline.
More information about these technologies can be viewed on OTC’s awards page.
ABOUT OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (OTC)
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, and OTC Asia. For more information, visit www.otcnet.org.