- Title: provide a short and informative with familiar terms.
- Objectives/Scope: Please list the objectives and/or scope of the proposed paper.
- Methods, Procedures, Process: Briefly explain your overall approach, including your methods, procedures and process.
- Results, Observations, Conclusions: Please describe the results, observations and conclusions of the proposed paper.
- Novel/Additive Information: Please explain how this paper will present novel (new) or additive information to the existing body of literature that can be of benefit to and/or add to the state of knowledge in the petroleum industry.
Writing an Abstract
Tips for Writing an Abstract
- Your title should avoid words “new” and “improved”.
- Avoid literature overview in your objective.
- Answer the “what” and “how” in your method.
- Highlight the importance of your findings in your observations.
- Avoid repeating your results and observations in your conclusion.
- Focus the application of your findings on how to improve the industry needs in an efficient and environmentally safe manner.
- Highlight specifics about your innovations.
- Provide succinct, relevant and convincing information.
Your proposal should demonstrate that your paper will:
- Contribute solid technical knowledge in a particular area or present relevant and interesting information
- Present information that is technically sound
- Present new knowledge or experience that has not been published previously
- Not be commercial in nature and will not promote specific companies, products or services