OTC 2018 Announces Spotlight on New Technology® Award RecipientsTuesday, March 20, 2018
Winners recognized for innovative products for offshore
exploration and production
Houston, Texas, USA (20 March 2018) –The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) announces that 17 technologies will receive the 2018 Spotlight on New Technology® Award, two of which are being recognized in the Small Business category.
The Spotlight on New Technology Awards—a program for OTC exhibitors—showcases the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the industry into the future.
- Aegion Coating Services, producer of ACS™ HT-200
- Ampelmann, producer of N-type
- Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE), producer of TerrAdapt™ adaptive drill bit
- Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE), producer of DEEPFRAC™ deepwater multi-stage fracturing service
- Delmar Systems, Inc., producer of RARPLUS™
- Dril-Quip Inc., producer of HFRe™ - Hands Free Marine Drilling Riser System
- Expro, producer of Next Generation Landing Strings (NGLS)
- Halliburton, producer of GeoBalance® Automated Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) System
- Halliburton, producer of 9½-inch Azimuthal Lithodensity (ALD™) LWD Service
- LORD Corporation, producer of 10K Completion Workover Riser Flexible Joint
- NOV, producer of NOVOS™
- NOV, producer of Seabox™
- Oceaneering International, Inc., producer of E-ROV System
- Oliden Technology, producer of GeoFusion 475 Laterolog Resistivity and Imaging LWD tool
- Teledyne Marine, producer of FlameGuard™ P5-200 electrical penetrator
Spotlight Small Business Winners:
- CoreAll, producer of Intelligent Coring System
- Luoyang Wire Rope Inspection Technology Co., Ltd., producer of TCK.W Automatic Real-time Online Wire Rope Inspection System
Spotlight Award Committee Chair Paul Jones said that advancements such as these allow the oil and gas industry to operate more safely, sustainably and efficiently.
“As OTC celebrates its 50th edition, we reflect on the innovations that have been achieved throughout the past five decades,” Jones said. “We can never forget that companies like the 2018 Spotlight Award winners are driving the technological advancements necessary to propel our industry for the next 50 years.”
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria:
- New: less than two years old
- Innovative: original, groundbreaking, and capable of having a major impact
- Proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad Interest: broad appeal for the industry
- Significant Impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
For a fourth year, OTC will also support and recognize the innovative technologies being developed by small businesses with the program’s Spotlight on Small Business Award. In addition to meeting the above criteria, a small business honoree must be independently-owned and operated or a not-for-profit concern and have no more than 300 employees for the 12 months preceding the application deadline.
“For the past five decades, OTC has been a global hub for people and companies that seek to learn about and share the latest technological advancements in offshore energy,” said OTC 2018 Chairman Wafik Beydoun. “OTC was created as a place to cultivate innovation with the future in mind, and the unparalleled work displayed by our Spotlight Award Winners exemplifies this ideal.”
View more information about the technologies on the awards page.
ABOUT OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE (OTC)
Celebrating 50 years since 1969, OTC is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, and OTC Asia. For more information, visit www.otcnet.org.
Andrea Valencia, Marketing Manager
Offshore Technology Conference