OTC 2017 Announces Spotlight on New Technology Award RecipientsMonday, March 13, 2017
For Immediate Release: 13 March 2017
Winners Recognized for Innovative Products for Offshore Exploration and Production
Houston, Texas, USA (13 March 2017) – The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), which takes place 1–4 May in Houston, announces that 17 technologies will receive the 2017 Spotlight on New Technology® Award. The awards will be presented at 1600 hours, 1 May, in the NRG Center Rotunda Lobby.
The Spotlight on New Technology Awards—a program for OTC exhibitors—showcases the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the industry into the future.
Winning technologies were selected based on the following four criteria:
- New and Innovative: less than 2 years old; original and groundbreaking
- Proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad Interest: broad appeal for the industry
- Significant Impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
For a third year, OTC will support and recognize the innovative technologies being developed by small businesses with the Spotlight on Small Business Award. In addition to meeting the above criteria, a small business honoree must be independently-owned and operated or a not-for-profit concern and have no more than 300 employees for the 12 months preceding the application deadline.
“Innovative companies like the 2017 Spotlight Award winners are putting the energy sector on their shoulders and are propelling it to new heights,” said Spotlight Award Committee Chair Eric Foell. “These technological advances are helping to make our industry safer, friendlier to the environment and more efficient, and are the epitome of OTC.”
Spotlight Winners for 2017:
- Dril-Quip, Inc., producer of DXe™ Wellhead Connector
- Dril-Quip, Inc. , producer of BigBore-IIe™ Wellhead System
- Halliburton, producer of HCS AdvantageOne™ offshore cementing system
- Halliburton, producer of EcoStar™
- Samoco Oil Tools, producer of One-Trip® Universal BOP Testing Tool
- SBM Offshore, producer of Stones FPSO Turret Mooring System
- Schlumberger, producer of Managed Pressure Drilling Integrated Solution
- Schlumberger, producer of OptiDrill Real-Time Drilling Intelligence Service
- Stress Engineering Services, Inc, producer of Realtime Fatigue Monitoring System
- Sulzer, producer of Compact Mass transfer and Inline Separation Technology (cMIST™)
- Techni, producer of BAMSE
- TechnipFMC, producer of 20k HPHT subsea choke
- Weatherford, producer of AutoFrac® RFID-Enabled Stimulation System
- WeST Drilling Products AS, (a part of West Group), producer of Continuous Drilling and Circulation Unit
- Wild Well Control, producer of DeepRange Plug & Abandonment Tool
Spotlight Small Business Winners for 2017:
- Fuglesangs Subsea AS, producer of OMNIRISE MINIBOOSTER
- WiSub, producer of Torden™ High Power Pinless Subsea Connector
“Every year, OTC draws tens of thousands of people from around the globe to see offshore energy’s latest technologies, and the Spotlight Award winners are the cream of the crop,” added OTC 2017 Chairman Joe Fowler. “OTC’s main purpose is to spur innovation, and these companies are creating new standards of excellence for the industry.”
View more information about the technologies on the awards page.
ABOUT OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, and OTC Asia. For more information, visit www.otcnet.org.
Offshore Technology Conference