Small Business Award Winners Recognized in New Category
Houston, Texas, USA (6 March 2015) – The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), which takes place 4–7 May in Houston, has announced 17 technologies that will receive the prestigious Spotlight on New Technology SM Award. The 2015 awards will be presented at 1600 hours, 4 May, in the NRG Center Rotunda Lobby.
The Spotlight on New Technology Awards—a program for OTC exhibitors—showcase the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the industry into the future.
Winning technologies were selected based on the following five criteria:
- New: less than 2 years’ old
- Innovative: original, groundbreaking, and capable of revolutionizing the offshore E&P industry
- Proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad Interest: broad appeal for the industry
- Significant Impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
In support and recognition of innovative technologies being developed by small businesses, OTC has created a new Spotlight on New Technology Small Business Award in 2015. The small business applications were evaluated using the same five criteria above, but also were required to have less than 300 employees.
“Our Spotlight Award winners embrace OTC’s mission to advance technical knowledge of offshore developments and environmental matters,” said Spotlight Award Committee Chair Steve Balint. “And with the creation of the Small Business Awards, we are recognizing the fact that companies both big and small are developing innovative technologies and creative solutions to meet the world’s energy demands.”
Spotlight Winners for 2015:
- Baker Hughes, producer of MultiNode™ all-electric intelligent well system
- Cameron International, producer of Mark IV High-Availability (HA) BOP Control System
- FMC Technologies, producer of Annulus Monitoring System
- Halliburton Energy Services, producer of RezConnect™ Well Testing System
- Oceaneering International, producer of Deepwater Pile Dredge
- Oceaneering International, producer of Magna Subsea Inspection System™
- OneSubsea, producer of Multiphase Compressor
- SBM Offshore, producer of ARCA Chain Connector
- Schlumberger, producer of GeoSphere reservoir mapping-while-drilling service
- Schlumberger, producer of Quanta Geo photorealistic reservoir geology service
- Tracerco, producer of Tracerco Discovery
- Versabar, Inc., producer of VersaCutter
- Weatherford, producer of Red Eye™ Subsea Water-Cut Meter
- Weatherford, producer of Total Vibration Monitor with Angular Rate Gyro
- Welltec, producer of Welltec® Annular Barrier (WAB®)
Spotlight Small Business Winners for 2015:
- Fishbones, producer of Dreamliner
- WiSub AS, producer of WiSub Maelstrom™ Pinless Subsea Wet-Mate Connector
“I congratulate this year’s Spotlight Award recipients for helping the industry reduce risk and increase productivity in ever-more extreme conditions,” said OTC 2015 Chairman Ed Stokes. “Cutting-edge technologies like these are always a highlight of OTC, as they demonstrate the ingenuity and forward thinking that is advancing the industry to new levels of safety, productivity and efficiency.”
View more information about the technologies on the awards page, http://2015.otcnet.org/Content/Spotlight-on-New-Technology-Awards/.
ABOUT OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, and OTC Asia. For more information, visit http://2015.otcnet.org.
Offshore Technology Conference
Senior Manager, Marketing, Americas