OTC 2016 ANNOUNCES SPOTLIGHT ON NEW TECHNOLOGY AWARD RECIPIENTS
Winners Recognized for Innovative Products for Offshore Exploration and Production
Houston, Texas, USA (9 March 2016) – The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), which takes place 2–5 May in Houston, announces that 13 technologies will receive the 2016 Spotlight on New Technology Award. The awards will be presented at 1600 hours, 2 May, in the NRG Center Rotunda Lobby.
The Spotlight on New Technology Awards—a program for OTC exhibitors—showcases the latest and most advanced hardware and software technologies that are leading the industry into the future.
Winning technologies were selected based on the following four criteria:
- New and Innovative: less than 2 years old; original and groundbreaking
- Proven: through full-scale application or successful prototype testing
- Broad Interest: broad appeal for the industry
- Significant Impact: provides significant benefits beyond existing technologies
For a second consecutive year, OTC will support and recognize the innovative technologies being developed by small businesses with the Spotlight on Small Business Award. In addition to meeting the above criteria, a small business honoree must be independently-owned and operated or a not-for-profit concern and have no more than 300 employees for the 12 months preceding the application deadline.
“The 2016 Spotlight Award winners embody OTC’s mission to advance scientific and technical knowledge for the safe, environmentally friendly development of offshore oil and gas resources,” said Spotlight Award Committee Chair Mark Kalman. “Thanks to these recipients’ pioneering spirit, offshore E&P will continue to play a key role in supplying the world with energy in a sustainable manner.”
Spotlight Winners for 2016:
- AFGlobal Corporation, producer of Riser Gas Handling (RGH) System
- Baker Hughes, producer of Integrity eXplorer Cement Evaluation Service
- FMC Technologies, producer of InLine ElectroCoalescer (IEC)
- GE Oil & Gas, producer of SeaPrime™ I Subsea MUX BOP Control System
- Halliburton, producer of BaraLogixTM Density and Rheology Unit (DRU)
- Lankhorst Ropes, producer of LankoDeep - Soft Rope Systems
- Oceaneering International, Inc., producer of Remote Piloting and Automated Control Technology
- OES Oilfield Services Group, producer of DOPP
- OneSubsea®, producer of OneSubsea® AquaWatcher™ Water Analysis Sensor
- OneSubsea®, producer of OneSubsea® HyFleX™ Subsea Tree System
- SkoFlo Industries, Inc., producer of Subsea Back Pressure Regulator Valve
Teledyne Oil & Gas, producer of Electrical Optical Flying Lead (EOFL)
Spotlight Small Business Winner for 2016:
- Barge Master, producer of Barge Master T40
"Congratulations to the 2016 Spotlight Award recipients for their technological advancements and innovative work,” added OTC 2016 Chairman Joe Fowler. “This year’s winners exemplify the type of creativity and forward thinking required by today’s constantly evolving industry environment.”
View more information about the technologies on the awards page: http://2016.otcnet.org/Content/Spotlight-on-New-Technology-Awards.
ABOUT OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. OTC has expanded technically and globally with the Arctic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, and OTC Asia. For more information, visit www.otcnet.org.
Offshore Technology Conference