Exhibitor's Guide to Marketing and Publicity
Promote Your OTC Exhibit
Pre-show and on-site marketing of your exhibit booth is fundamental to your success. Here are some helpful hints on making the most of your exhibiting experience. When planning your promotions, utilize OTC's demographic data and historical statistics.
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
Maximize your ROI. Review the advertising and sponsorship benefits to identify the opportunity that best fits your goals.
Pre-Show Promotion Using the OTC Logo
Download and use the OTC logo and your booth number in your advertisements and promotional materials to direct your audience to visit your booth at OTC. Be sure to review the OTC Logo Policy and the OTC Website Links Policy.
Invite Your Key Customers to OTC
OTC is offering a new solution for your company to email guest cards to clients and prospects. Create complimentary, customized guest email invites and only pay for the invites used. Learn more.
Which journalists are attending OTC?
For an updated pre-registered journalists list as of 24 April 2012, click here.
Scheduling a Press Conference
Exhibitors planning to hold a press conference at OTC should review the available time slots and then reserve an available time. The room is free for exhibitors for the sole purpose of addressing journalists. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
When reserving a time slot, please provide the following:
- desired time slot
- title of press conference
- names of speakers and job titles
- 50-word description of press conference
- special technical needs
Holding a press conference in your own meeting room or at your booth?
We strongly encourage you to notify OTC. We will post this information in the OTC Press Room to inform the media of your designated meeting areas, press conferences, receptions, or product demonstrations.
Tips for a Successful Press Conference
Please keep in mind that holding a press conference does not guarantee that the media will attend.
- Be sure your announcement is significant and newsworthy.
- Target media that would be most interested in your products or services with an invitation to attend your press conference or schedule an interview with a company spokesperson.
- Make sure that a company spokesperson is available to answer any journalists’ questions.
Set-up of OTC Press Conference Room
New for 2012: The OTC press conference room is located in Room 108D of Reliant Center.
- Seating Arrangement - The room is set up theater style with a stage with 6 seats, microphones, and a tabletop lectern at the front. Seating is available for up to 54 people.
- Audio/Visual - The room is equipped with an LCD projector and screen, multiple laptop PC connections, and microphones. Additional audio/visual equipment may be ordered, but is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Provisions - Catering may be ordered through the official OTC catering provider, Aramark. This is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
OTC has more than 300 registered press in attendance. Exhibitors may place their media kits in the media kit center located in the OTC press registration room in Reliant Center. Here are some helpful hints for a successful media kit:
- Upload your press releases online. (exhibitor log-in required)
- Press kits should include a corporate profile, corporate contact names, and important news releases.
- Oversized media kits (larger than 9" x 12") will not fit in the display slots.
- OTC cannot accept delivery of media kits shipped directly to the press room. Instead, hand-carry your media kits and place them in the media center.
- Please check your kits periodically and restock them as needed.
- Remember to keep a supply of media kits in your booth for journalists who stop by.
You can complimentarily upload as many as three press releases and three product highlights, including a photograph, to your profile. This process is a simple copy-and-paste from Word, like the one you used to create your initial profile.
Contact us if you wish to upload more than three press releases or product highlights. There is a charge of USD 150 each.
TIP: Market your newsworthy items to the press by updating your exhibitor profile!
Journalists are especially interested in cutting-edge and "green" technologies. Journalists and OTC staff can use your online exhibitor profile to help the journalists identify which companies have the technology they are writing stories about.
For example, if your company has environmentally-friendly products or services, be sure to include keywords like "green" and "environmental" in your profile description.