Exhibitor Services Manual
New for 2012
- There will be NO entrance into the Exhibit Hall on Sunday, 29 April. Installation of ALL exhibits must be complete by 1700 hours Saturday, 28 April.
- If your multi-level booth uses the exact same design as in 2011, the Fire Marshall will accept a notarized letter on company letterhead to that affect in lieu of re-submitting the design specs.
- If you plan to display a motorized vehicle as part of your exhibit, you now must notify OTC Management 72 hours prior to bringing the vehicle on show site. Regulations for vehicles also require that gas tanks not contain more than ¼ tank of fuel and must be sealed, locked and all battery cables must be disconnected.
- Invite your guests to OTC using a free pre-show marketing tool, Exhibitor Invites. Create an online marketing campaign that allows you to schedule emails, add photos and include video in your guest card marketing campaign. To learn more, go to www.exhibitorinvites.com/otc.
- Media 7 and CNTV have been jointly contracted to bring you OTC TV in 2012. OTC TV will serve as the principal broadcast medium for OTC 2012. For more information, see downloads or contact Tim Henderson, Media 7 UK Limited, email@example.com, +44 (0)20 3286 4925.
- Staff Scheduling
- First Timers Article
- It’s Show Time! Are your booth workers ready?
- Rogers Worldwide Newsletter
- Plan your Hospitality Event Now
- Exhibitor’s Guide to Publicity
Experient is the official housing contractor for OTC. If you are contacted by Convention Housing Services, EPMS (Event Promotional Marketing Services), IEP Group or any other company saying that our block is sold out, and they can help you book rooms, the information is not true.
OTC has appointed Official Contractors to ensure a smooth installation, dismantling and operation for the Exhibition.
Exhibit Information for Specific Area
Reliant Outdoor and Pavilion
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the Exhibit Area during installation and dismantle. Children under the age of 15 are not permitted in the Exhibit Area during official show hours.
- Create your complimentary online and printed exhibitor listing for the Conference Program by 18 February 2012.
- Enhance your online listing by adding up to three product descriptions and photos
For questions, contact Denise Startz at 1.972.952-1129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitor’s Guide to Publicity
Advertising & Sponsorship Information
- OTC Logo Policy
- Learn about the many advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- Review the advertising specifications
Pre-Show Promotions and Lead Retrieval
Additional Advertising Opportunities
Exhibitor Invites Program
- Create your own customized email campaign to invite guests to attend
- No charge for sending out guest invites; exhibitors are charged only for registered guests.
- 1-Day (USD 15.00) and Multi-Day Pass (USD 50.00) available. Maximum charge per exhibitor is USD 3000.00, based on registered guests.
- To get started, go to Exhibitor Invites
- Contact Amber Poggemiller at 1.866.771.6290 ext. 1907 or email email@example.com
- International Exhibitors contact Michelle Smith at +1.319.730.1587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Decorator and Labor Contractor
Freeman is the official decorator and labor contractor. Contact Freeman for the following:
Order services online
Order services by email or fax:
- Find individual forms and download from the column to the right.
- Complete forms
- Include the Method of Payment form with all orders.
- Submit hard copy forms to Freeman by fax/email address shown on form. Order forms sent to OTC Management will not be processed or forwarded.
Official Contractor Services
To ensure smooth installation, dismantling and operation during the exhibition, OTC has appointed Official Contractors. Some services are restricted and must be provided by an Exclusive OTC Contractor.
- A list of these services and providers are found in the General Regulations and are designated as an Exclusive Contractor on the Official Contractors List
If you plan to use an Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC):
- You must submit a Work Authorization Request Form (WAR) no later than 15 March 2012.
Upon receipt of the WAR form, OTC Management will send the required paperwork to the appointed EAC. The packet includes the EAC Agreement, Badge Request Form, Sample of Insurance Requirements and the Invoice for EAC Fee.
For EAC personnel to be allowed on the floor to service the exhibit booths, all paperwork and fees must be received no later than 2 April 2012. For complete details, see the 2012 OTC Exhibit Regulations and the Work Authorization Request Instructions
Stay Safe, Avoid Exhibitor Scams
- Experient is the official housing contractor for OTC. No other hotel/housing provider is authorized to contact you on OTC's behalf.
- Several other vendors are approved to contact exhibitors about OTC sponsorship opportunities -- Exhibitor Invites, IndustryConnect, Media-7, and Prism. When in doubt, you can view our Official Service Contractors.
- Austrian-based Construct Data Verlag AG and Mexican-based
Expo Guide are not authorized to contact
OTC exhibitors. They are targeting exhibitors offering
advertising space on their Fair Guide website.
- If you receive a document with our name or name of our event(s) listed which offers advertising space on the Fair Guide website or in their directories, please do not sign the form unless you have carefully read and understood the terms contained in the small print. OTC has no association with this company nor have we authorized them to use our name or trademark.
- If you have any concerns about this company, you should address them to the Office Fair Trade or equivalent for your country/US state. Read more information about these scams.
Material Handling Services
Freeman is the exclusive contractor that controls and supervises delivery and freight truck access to Reliant Park, assignments and usage of loading docks, and the Teamsters Union Labor responsible for the loading and unloading of freight shipments. All carriers must check in with Freeman.
To use Material Handling Freight Services
- Review Shipping Information
- Fill out and submit the required forms for Shipping and Material Handling found in the Freeman Exhibit Transportation Services
- Download directions to the Marshalling Yard
Freeman will accept advance warehouse shipments beginning Monday, 26 March. Ensure materials arrive by Wednesday, 18 April to avoid additional after-deadline charges. Shipments directly to the exhibit facility will be received beginning Tuesday, 24 April at 0800 hours.
The Target Move-in is the date your shipment should be to your booth. Please refer to the map for your respective area to determine your target move-in date.
Privately Owned Vehicles (POV)
OTC allows exhibitors to use a privately owned vehicle for move-in and move-out. Privately Owned Vehicles (POV) are defined as cars, pick-up trucks, vans, small tow trailers, and other trucks less than 12 feet.
If you intend to use the POV Express Program, be sure to follow the procedures provided for your exhibit location. Please note that there must be two people in the car if you are going to unload your exhibit material yourself. Once unloaded, parking will not be permitted. Vehicles may not be left unattended.
International Shipping Services
Rogers Worldwide will provide international freight forwarding services and customs brokerage. OTC.12 has been designated as an International Trade Fair and all freight entering the United States must go through US Customs.
To ensure your materials arrive in a timely manner, refer to the following:
- International Freight Forwarding & Customs sheet
- International Shipping Instructions from Rogers Worldwide
Please note that none of the courier companies will custom clear into the US without a valid tax identification number and a customs bond. If the weight of the shipment via a courier is too big and it arrives late, you will have trouble getting the shipment to the show.
Utilities and Other Booth Services
- Electricity – Harper Wood
- Plumbing and Compressed Air – Harper Wood
- Internet – SmartCity
- Computer – SmartSource
- Catering – Aramark
- Plants – Convention Plant
- Tents – Aztec Tents and Events
- Special Events – Sullivan Group
- Hospitality Suites – Reliant Park
- Fans – Cool-A-Zone
- Booth Cleaning, Parking Permits, Security – Reliant Park
- Promotional Products
- Photography – Barchfeld Photography
- Hostess, Specialty Acts and Translators – Neal Hamil Agency
Contact us if you have any questions.
Mary Ann Outarsingh