Online press registration is closed. You will need to register on-site in the Press Registration Room, room 108D on level 1 of Reliant Center. See hours below.
If you have recently applied for press registration, we are in the process of reviewing and sending confirmation emails. We appreciate your patience.
Members of the working press, who meet OTC criteria, receive complimentary registration to the Offshore Technology Conference. Carefully read the criteria before applying for press registration:
- Complimentary press registration is available only to members of the working press who are writing articles about OTC sessions (examples: reporter, freelance writer with a documented assignment from a news publication, editor, publisher, etc.).
- Titles that will not be eligible include PR or marketing representative, corporate media relations staff, advertising sales, president, etc.
- Journalists must be employed by a news organization that covers the oil and gas industry.
- To ensure a secure conference, photo identification is required.
On-Site Press Room
New! To better serve journalists and offer additional amenities, OTC has separated the press registration and the press working area into two locations in Reliant Center.
- The OTC press room is now located in room 403 on level 2 near many of the OTC conference sessions to offer more seating and a quieter work environment for journalists filing stories or reviewing notes.
- Journalists will still report to room 108D on level 1 near the entrance to Hall D to register or to pickup their badge and press ribbon if they pre-registered.
- The OTC press conference room remains in room D1, next to the press registration room on Level 1.
|Press Room & Press Registration Room Hours||Photography and Audio / Video Recording|
Sunday, 1 May
No audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed without OTC's permission.
All journalists seeking to do any photography or recording must register as press and check in at the OTC press room. They will be asked to sign a form agreeing to follow OTC's policies on photography and audio and video recording.
Monday, 2 May
Tuesday, 3 May
Wednesday, 4 May
Thursday, 5 May
Press Registration and Badge Pick-Up Room
Reliant Center, Level 1, Room 108D
Go to the Press Registration room to:
- Register or pick-up your badge and ribbon if you pre-registered.
- Enjoy complimentary coffee and tea in the morning.
- Relax in our seating area while you wait for your badge or plan your schedule.
- Make a local or international phone call.
- Conduct individual interviews with exhibitors or speakers in a new partitioned area (available first-come, first-serve).
- Pick up press kits and see latest press releases from OTC exhibiting companies.
- Use a self-serve computer and printer (15-minute limit per person, please).
- Videographers and photographers: check in this room. Guidelines for video/recording at OTC.
New Location! Reliant Center, Level 2, Room 403
- Includes more workspaces and internet connections for working journalists.
- Located near the technical session, breakfast, and luncheon rooms.
- Enjoy complimentary refreshments.
- Use one of two self-serve computers (15-minute limit per person, please).
- Make a local or international phone call.
- Use international fax, printer, and copy machine.
- Please note: Registration and badge pickup are not available in this room.
Press Access to Breakfast Sessions, Luncheons, and Special Events
- Press are allowed to cover any ticketed event without a ticket, but are not offered a meal.
- We try to provide chairs for the press, but some events may be sold out and offer standing room only for press on a first-come, first-served basis.
- OTC will not provide press with complimentary tickets to any of the special events; however, you may purchase a ticket to an event to guarantee entry and a meal.
OTC Press Releases
- Offshore Technology Conference Attendance Increases 8% for 2011; Highest Attendance and Largest Exhibition since 1982 (5 May 2011)
- Inaugural Annual OTC Dinner Raises $200,000 for Gulf of Mexico Foundation, Presents Distinguished Achievement Awards (1 May 2011)
- Media Advisory: Offshore Technology Conference Pre-Show Media Tour (27 April 2011)
- OTC Announces 2011 Spotlight on New Technology Award Recipients (9 March 2011)
- OTC Names Recipients of 2011 Distinguished Achievement Awards, To Be Presented at New Annual OTC Dinner Event (28 February 2011)
- Offshore Technology Conference Attendance Reaches 72,900 (6 May 2010)
Search OTC exhibitor press releases by company, or view all press releases by clicking the search button without typing in a company or keyword.
Who Is Exhibiting?
- Company name
- Keyword, product category, or geography
- New products
- Booth location
- Make your own expo plan. Create a log-in, and start planning!
Browse OTC Information Through Your Web-Enabled Phone!
Visit the OTC Twitter site from your web-enabled (smart) phone to keep up with special events and program updates.
OTC Media Contact
- OTC 2011 Fact Sheet
- Press Conference Schedule
- Policies on photography and audio/video recording
- Download the OTC logo for press use with OTC coverage
Note: Media reporting on OTC may use the logo in print or electronic media, provided the logo is used in conjunction with appropriate news coverage and the logo usage adheres to the OTC Logo Graphics Standards and OTC Website Links Policy.